Canadian Home Sales Activity Eases In October
Thursday Nov 15th, 2018Share
Statistics released today by the Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) show national home sales declined between September and October 2018.
- National home sales fell 1.6% from September to October.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity was down by 3.7% from one year ago.
- The number of newly listed homes eased 1.1% from September to October.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) was up 2.3% year-over-year (y-o-y) in October.
- The national average sale price slipped by 1.5% y-o-y in October.
Home sales via Canadian MLS® Systems edged back by 1.6% in October 2018. While activity is still stronger compared to the first half of 2018, it remains below monthly levels recorded from early 2014 through 2017.
To view the full housing report, visit: https://www.crea.ca/housing-market-stats/stats/